VISUAL ARTIVIST – CREATIVE ARTS FACILITATOR – REIKI MASTER
Francesca Citarella (CISKA) is a multidisciplinary Italian Artivist, Creative Arts Facilitator and Reiki Master based in Bristol. She is graduated in Literature and Theatre Studies and in Performing Art and has attended different stages and masters in dance theatre, CI, creative movement, and art-therapy. Her works allow her to constantly explore the human world and her way of looking at things: a bridge between Soul and Matter. She is in constant research of ways to act and react to the current pressing socio-political issues. Francesca’s core values are displayed in her work: Earth Wellbeing, Philanthropic Heart, Spiritual Art.
Since 2012 she has been working professionally, performing and acting in different scenarios, facilitating in schools and public and private organisations, directing performances for herself and others, collaborating with Notterante Teatro as actress and Co-director and taking part in personal and collective art exhibitions worldwide and online.
Some performance/show titles: “Teatro Parola Peste” (2012,2013), “In cerca d’Auttore” (2013), “Corti d’Auttore” (2014), “Finché Morte non ci separi”, “EtiVite”, “Terra di Nessuno”, “Love Motel (2015), “Occhi Blu”, “Quartett” (2016), “Bari Nostra” (2017).
Noteworthy is her participation:
– in the film “L’amour ne pardonne pas” by Stefano Consiglio (Babe Film, BìBì Film, Rai Cinema – Italy, France, 2014) and in the series “Braccialetti Rossi” by Giacomo Campiotti (Palomar Television, Italy, 2014);
– as an art facilitator on designing and making the mosaic with children of St. Barnabas Primary School as part of a project coordinated by the Artist Barbara Disney. (The mosaic has been installed in a new courtyard area behind Ashley Court, Sussex Place in St Pauls, Bristol, UK) (2019);
– as an artist in the project “We all come from somewhere”: a series of participatory events exploring the importance of human movement around the world, coordinated by ARTEMOTION (2019);
– as a volunteer in the project “Art of Inclusion“, coordinated by Artspace Lifespace and the Invisible Circus (2019);
– as a performer, in “HABITAT” by Doris Ulrich (Mayfest, 2022) and “Our Skin” by Yael Karavan and Rita Vilhena (2022).
In the last 7 years, she approached the world of Art-therapy and Reiki Usui and runs her own signature “Painting Theatre Lab” workshop: a fusion of theatrical exercises, art-therapy techniques, and dynamic meditation, all culminating in emotional painting.
Since September 2021, she is an artist in residence within Bedminster’s East St Emporium, a space of independent makers and artists drawn together by a shared penchant for earth-happy creations, and runs her @ciskacollection eco-art brand.
Currently, she also:
– collaborate as an Event & Communication manager at Bridge Farm Bristol, a community project, bringing together sustainable agriculture, animal husbandry, community-led housing, and preservation of the historic site;
– collaborate as Reiki Master Practitioner at Wellspring Settlement, as part of the complementary Health Low-Cost Clinic sector;
– is a member of the Rebel Girls Club, a collective of women that aims to uplift, inspire and empower people of all genders and provide courses, drop-ins and events.
Her ambitions are to plant the seeds of kindness into this world and contribute to the improvement of people’s well-being through art and personal growth tools.
I like to define this space with these words:
«In the end, I’ve come to believe in something I call “The Physics of the Quest.” A force in nature governed by laws as real as the laws of gravity. The rule of Quest Physics goes something like this: If you’re brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting, which can be anything from your house to bitter, old resentments, and set out on a truth-seeking journey, either externally or internally, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you.»
(Elizabeth Gilbert )
Enter my world
whether it is for Art, Spirituality, or for a project that is close to your heart, I will be happy to help you…